9.14.2010

Propagation.


Grandma Grandma's funeral inspired me to attempt propagation 
(basically meaning: growing roots out of a cut stem).

I'm still in the process of propagating some carnations from her funeral 
(with little knowledge of whether it's working or not)

BUT

today I was SO excited (how lame do I sound?) to notice that the basil stem I started propagating a few weeks ago has roots!!!

I wasn't 100% sure if it was possible to propagate a basil stem, 
therefore lies my excitement.

You can stop laughing at me now....


8 comments:

kate said...

This is awesome!

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Love it.... I can even "propagate" basil! How are the carnations doing?

Unknown said...

some of them died. i tried keeping some outside and some inside. the ones in my room look like they're doing ok, but i can't see the end of the stem so i'm not sure....we will see. the stem isn't dead so that's a good sign....

Padre Miguel said...

Man, I love the new blog. Can't wait for more pictures of me and the one eyed dog

kate said...

poor captain! I forgot about the one eye

Manal said...

man ur taking amazing pictures really!im proud

Danielle said...

haha this is exciting not sad. What's sad is coming home to find you and Manal sitting across from each other playing against each other on your cell phones. haha love you guys!!

Margot Bricker said...

I do have to admit, I did giggle a bit!