3.21.2011

LA County Hospital.


Growing up, my mom worked weekends as an RN at LA County Hospital.
Every so often we had to take her to work in the mornings which I always dreaded because I thought the hospital was haunted.
Today, it looks even more like a haunted mansion since it's (mostly) vacant. 

This week I was in East LA and on my way to the freeway I spotted the hospital a few streets away so I decided to take a drive down memory lane.




These are a few of the small details in the creepy parking lot that brought me right back to 6AM Saturday drop offs:





3 comments:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Oh what memories!!!! My home away from home for almost 30 years. How I do miss that very old place, not just the building but the people inside. Those were the greatest patients with so much appreciation.

So funny what a very small child remembers. I don't think I ever noticed the in and exit signs before and really did not notice the numbers hanging over the parking spaces!!!!

Very fun. Thank you Meghan for those memories.....

love, mom

Unknown said...

haha well i pretty much blocked out any memories from INSIDE the hospital cuz it creeped me out so much, so these little parking lot details are pretty much all i remember. for some reason ESPECIALLY the in and out signs, not sure why.

Manal said...

love it :)