1.03.2011

A Happy Klein New Years


When you grow up living 4 blocks away from the Rose Parade, you have no excuse not to go every January 1.   

Now that my family lives across the country, our float viewing usually consists of sitting in our PJS and watching it on channel 7 (which I must admit, isn't all that bad actually).  If you get past the fact that you can't yell random things at the floats or trip the marching band members (ok, we never actually did that), then the televised broadcast is actually pretty enjoyable.

But this year we got to celebrate the New Year with the live parade and although Kate & I didn't have a lemonade sale following the excitement, it brought back all the memories of my childhood (and actual tears to Lenny's eyes).






Yes, my dad took this awesome shot, and no, we don't even know this friendly tuba-er (that is a tuba right?)

Yep, that's Lenny and Mary, all the way from Arizona for our parade festivities....

5 comments:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

I am not sure why, maybe because we have watched it on TV the past several years, but I think it was one of the best parades ever.... so much fun and such a beautiful day.....and thank you Lisa for the curb side seats!!

The lemonade stand with Kate in front of our house was very much missed!!

BTW, the parade happens to be 2 blocks away, even more reason not to watch it live!!!!!!

jamiejames said...

Yes! That is a tuba. You crack me up Meghan Klein.

Tom said...

Fun fun fun on the parade route. Thanks for the acknowledgment on my pic. He was one happy tuber-guy!

My fav pic is still the "trombone shot" which you have denied your fellow bloggers from enjoying by neglecting to include it in this post. I think (because of our undying faithfullness to your blogginess) we all deserve to see the "best-ever-shot" from the 2010 Rose Parade.

C'mon, what'ya say? Let's see some trombones!!!

yoli said...

nice pics!

Trombone Tommy said...

new post please... ;(

maybe some trombones?